Family fun – Bring the outside in with leaf crafts!
For your leaf craft you will need:
A sheet of paper, glue, leaves, twigs, a coat and some imagination!
- Get your coats on and get the family outside. Whether it be in the garden or in a local country park, as long as there are trees you’re in the right place.
- Start collecting different-sized and colourful leaves and twigs for your art later on. This is a great time for kids to get their hands a little bit messy and get amongst nature.
- Get home and stick the kettle on! (This isn't for the art but for a cup of tea to warm you all up!)
- Clear a space on the table and spread your nature haul out so you can see what you've collected.
- Create your nature art using glue (perhaps it's could be a Christmas scene for this time of year?).
Ready for a day of adventure in the great outdoors with the kids?
We’d love to see some of your leaf craft creations, share them on our Facebook page and show us your budding artists in training!
The Skinny Jean Gardener, Lee Connelly, brings family and friends together in the garden with his fun podcasts and videos on social media.
Lee is proud to have featured on Blue Peter, BBC Radio 1 and Channel 4's Sunday Brunch. He has created a kitchen garden for TV presenter Jimmy Doherty, built a garden taxi for Kew Gardens Grow Wild Project and designed a show garden for the International Gardening World Cup in Japan.
You can listen to the Skinny Jean Gardener Podcast, sponsored by STIHL, every Friday morning from 6am. Visit http://www.skinnyjeangardeners.com/podcast/ for more.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING THE STIHL GB BLOG
Here you’ll be able to find useful seasonal advice from experts and guest writers, along with the latest news from the world of STIHL and the great outdoors.
In addition, we’ll keep you informed about our latest products and how to make the most of your tools – all so that you can make the most of your outdoor space.
If you love Christmas, then you’re sure to love indulging in a good festive light display, or getting into the spirit with a visit to Santa. In recent years, many gardens around the country have upped their festive game and... Read more →
RHS Chelsea Flower Show is the place to be and be seen in May if you are a keen gardener. Even if you’re not very green-fingered, there is still plenty to inspire you with perfect plants and gorgeous gardens around... Read more →
For the 14 th year running, STIHL will be sponsoring the ARB Show, and we can’t wait for the annual celebration of the science of trees. It’s the 20 th anniversary of the event and it looks set to be... Read more →
We began working with expert chainsaw carver Simon O’Rourke in 2017 when he joined us at the Arb Show to do a wood carving demonstration. For us, he was an obvious choice for a partnership as he is the best... Read more →