The STIHL 3-in-1 sharpening tool is ideal for quick and easy maintenance of a range of hand held gardening tools.
There are 3 different sharpening blades, which mean that you can sharpen axes, secateurs, pruning shears, knives and garden or household scissors, all with just one tool.
The blades are diamond sharpened and made from extremely strong tungsten carbide so they are durable and long-lasting.
The polymer handle and ergonomic design means the tool is comfortable to use too.
Sharpening blade 1:
- This is designed to sharpen pruning shears and secateur blades.
- To use this hold the tool securely, open them to their widest position and slide the sharpening tool from the back of the blade to the front, applying a consistent amount of pressure evenly across the blade.
- Repeat this until you gain a smooth clean cut when pruning a small branch or twig.
Sharpening blade 2:
- This blade is designed to sharpen your axes, hatchets and knives.
- Safely grip your tool and the 3-in-1 sharpening tool in each hand and work the sharpening blade from top to bottom or back to front, applying consistent pressure.
- Repeat until the blade is sharp.
Sharpening blade 3:
- The third blade is designed to sharpen your scissors.
- Lay the 3-in-1 sharpening tool flat on a hard surface and hold it securely.
- Slide the scissors from the back of the blade to the front, applying consistent downward pressure throughout.
- Repeat until the blade is sharp and test it on a bit of paper.
Andreas Stihl founds an engineering office in Stuttgart and develops his own chainsaw.
STIHL becomes a brand. The name represents the ceaseless quest of the engineer and company founder Andreas Stihl to ease the heavy labour of forestry work with his inventions.
STIHL presents his portable petrol-powered chainsaw at the Leipzig trade fair – it is well received and orders flow in from across Europe.