What's in these terms?
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who we are and how to contact us.
- By using our site you accept these terms.
- There are other terms that may apply to you.
- We may make changes to these terms.
- We may make changes to our site.
- We may suspend or withdraw our site.
- Our site is only for users in the UK.
- You must keep your account details safe.
- How you may use material on our site.
- Do not rely on information on this site.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to.
- User_generated content is not approved by us.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you.
- How we may use your personal information.
- Uploading content to our site.
- Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them.
- Rules about linking to our site.
- Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
- Our trade marks are registered.
Who we are and how to contact us
shop.stihl.co.uk is a site operated by ANDREAS STIHL LIMITED ("Stihl", “we”, “us” and “our”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 01376302 and have our registered office at Stihl House, Stanhope Road, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 3YT. Our VAT number is GB296317137.
We are a limited company.
By using our site you accept these terms
Please read these Terms carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of our website, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to all of these Terms, then you may not access our website.
If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
If you purchase goods from our site, our Terms and conditions of supply will apply to the sales.
We may make changes to these terms
You acknowledge and agree that we may amend, replace, update and change any part or all of these Terms from time to time, and that such amended Terms are effective as at the date we post them on our site. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the Terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site and any of its features from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users' needs and our business priorities.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge. Our site is hosted by an independent third party.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal, but are not under any obligation to do so.
We may also temporarily or permanently restrict or block your access to our site if you breach any of the Terms.
Our site is only for users in the UK and adults
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You may not use our site if you are under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please leave our site immediately and make no further use of it.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
You may not use our site, any of our material or any goods or products purchased through our site for:
- any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or immoral purpose;
- for any purpose which may damage or detriment our brand or name;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way; or
- to transmit or procure the sending of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell or exploit any part of our site and you shall not, without our prior authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only, including (but not limited to) the information contained on our product pages and our FAQ pages. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval or endorsement by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. We are not liable for your use of any such sites or resources, including any products, goods or services purchased through such sites.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site. We may in our absolute discretion moderate information posted by you or any third party, however the views expressed by other users on our site may not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply.
If you are a business user:
- This site is not intended for business or commercial use nor for the purchase of any products which are intended for anything other than private or domestic use.
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
How we may use your personal information
Uploading content to our site
You must not attempt to hack or take unlawful access or control of our site and you must not try and reverse engineer, decompile or attempt to alter or amend our site in any way including the content or visual appearance.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must ensure that such contribution is:
- where it includes an opinion, it is an opinion genuinely held by you; and
- compliant with all laws in England and Wales or any other country from which it is posted.
A contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the contribution emanates from Stihl, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
- Breach these Terms in any way.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with the standards set out above, and you will be liable to us for all losses and expenses and any other amounts incurred by us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described below.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in these Terms.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us the following rights to use and display that content for any purpose and without limitation:
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly or recklessly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful including without limitation the introduction of such harmful code via an enquiry form or comment function on our site. You must not access our site with any computer, tablet, telephone or other device which you know or ought reasonably to have known contains any viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other malicious material or code. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation, brand, name or goodwill or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you. You must also not establish a link to our site which is run or operated for/on behalf of a business or corporate entity.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. Where we remove the right to link to our website you must immediately remove any links to our site which you have or any other site, social media platform or any other publicly accessible domain.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these Terms.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
Our trade marks are registered
The following are UK registered trade marks of STIHL. You are not permitted to use them without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under 'How you may use material on our site'.